Register now for 5G Summit 2018 at : https://5gsummit2018.com/register/
Home inspection is very important and, unfortunately, there are lots of house buyers or agents that are not familiarized with the attributions of a house inspector. Let's try and make this thing clear for everyone.
There are three important things included into a house inspection:
1. House inspection entails a visual and non-intrusive activity that establishes the real condition of a house at a particular moment.
2. Home inspection does not need to focus on the flaws of a house, but more on the important aspects that recommend that house. This way you can decide for yourself if this property is suitable for your needs or not. For example, as a home inspector, I am invited to combine the level of buyer expectations with the condition of the house. If this is done successfully, then my job is done!
3. The report of a house inspection has multiple aims. The first one is to sum up the results in an accurate and concise manner that can be easily understood by anyone. There are situations where the home inspection is a simple snapshot of the condition of the house. This means that the perfect report will have to include a lot of useful pictures. If the report is missing, then the inspection can not be valid. You can rethink the problem as much as you want and decide whether that particular house is suitable for your needs or not.
The nature of a home inspection transforms the house inspector into a real detective. He has to have a keen sense of touch, smell and sight in order to discover all the characteristics of a house. The final report containing all the flaws and benefits of the house is meant to help the buyer take an informed decision and be at ease with the house that he will buy.
If you have the chance or the time to do this, search for a local expert that lives close-by and can offer you the answers to all your questions, concerns or curiosities. He should be able to deliver advice and proper information on the situation of the house, but also on the right manners to maintain the house in a great shape for the rest of your life.
What to remember about house inspections?
There are 3 main things to remember:
1. There is no such thing as the perfect house. Even those that are new. So be prepared to face an "almost" clean report.
2. The market varies, so no two house inspectors will be the same. Some are great at their jobs, some are bad. When you compare house inspection companies, make sure you do not judge everything by the price. Also include experience, background, previous reviews, referrals and so on. Your house is an important investment so try to find the nest home inspector.
3. Buying a house is a very important investment, so treat it as such. So think of home inspection this way: if you successfully negotiate with the owner to repair the damages found by the home inspector, and the repair costs equal the home inspection fee, you have amortized your investment. But many times, the fee paid to the inspector is much smaller compared to the money saved by negotiating the repairs.